Who is the CPA-PAC?
The CPA-PAC is the Texas Society of CPAs’ member-managed, member-driven and member-focused political action committee. Its responsibilities and activities, with the exception of its day-to-day administration, are directed by the members of the Texas Society of CPAs. CPA-PAC membership is reflective of TSCPA's general membership: certified public accountants in public practice as well as industry and government, up-and-coming young members as well as veterans and Society leadership, men, women, democrats, republicans and independents.
2018 Election Guide
2016 Endorsements for Governor and Lieutenant Governor
CPA-PAC membership is not restricted to those who are significantly involved in governmental affairs. In fact, a contribution to the CPA-PAC is the fastest, simplest, most efficient way to get involved in the political process and its positive effects on our profession.
is non-partisan and is registered with the Texas Ethics
What does CPA-PAC do?
CPA-PAC contributes much-needed funds to political candidates as well as incumbents who understand the importance of a sound Texas economy and the critical role of the CPA in preserving the state’s business climate. Contributions are made year-round – not only during an election cycle – as modern policymakers must continually raise funds to meet the demands of campaigning.
How does the CPA-PAC work?
CPA-PAC is directed by the TSCPA PAC committee, whose volunteer members are appointed by the TSCPA Chair. The PAC committee works closely with local chapters and their Public Affairs committees to determine which policymakers should receive CPA-PAC contributions.
Of all the funds contributed to the CPA-PAC, 75 percent goes directly back to chapters for donation to their local lawmakers, while the remaining 25 percent is donated to candidates in campaigns for statewide office. Administrative expenses involved in CPA-PAC’s day-to-day operations are underwritten by the Texas Society of CPAs.
Contribution decisions are based upon each candidate’s position on issues of importance to CPAs, the strength of the opposition, the level of the candidate’s influence, their need for funds and incumbency.
|2016 CPA-PAC brochure
Information for Elected Officials:
Texas Ethics Commission - Election Code -
Regulating Political Funds and Campaigns